Information For The Recently Diagnosed
I'm going to the hematologist for the first time. What tests should I have done while I'm there?The first time you see a hematologist there are lots of questions to ask. Everyone is different. There will be questions pertaining to your particular situation. However, here are some ideas suggested by our mailing list members and Dr. Moll.
- Am I -homozygote or heterozygote for fvl? (of course this doesn't apply to APS or APC)
- Has a fasting homocysteine test been ordered? - This is an older test. Some docs do not use it anymore.
- Has a prothrombin 20210 mutation test been ordered?
- Has a protein S and protein C activity test been ordered?
- Has a test for antitrombin III activity been ordered?
- Has a test for anticardiolipin antibodies been ordered?
- Has a test for lupus anticoagulant been ordered?
- TCT, fibrinogen activity, and fibrinogen imunelectrophoresis, (to look for a so-called "dysfibrinogenemia)
- CD55/59 flow cytometry (to look for so-called PNH) plasminogen activity
Back to Information For The Recently Diagnosed