Information For The Recently Diagnosed
Possible Side Effects of Coumadin®Here are some of the side effects reported by members of our mailing list who are on Coumadin®:
- Hair thinning-hair loss
- fatigue or being tired more often
- taking longer to recover from cuts or bruises
- sun burn or sensitivity to light
Also reported: Uneven INR's with generic coumadin®. I refuse to take generic coumadin® (warfarin). My INR will not stay stable on it. But some folks like it. It's a personal choice.
Possible side effects of LMWH:
- Bleeding is the main adverse effect, either major (internal) or minor (injection site bruises, easy bruising, etc).
- osteoporosis may be an issue with long-term use
- very rarely an allergy develops, called HIT (heparin-induced thrombocytopenia)
- liver tests (enzyme levels) may become temporarily elevated, but usually return to normal and rarely lead to the need to stop LMWH
- last but not least: empty wallet syndrome (very expensive drugs)
Back to Information For The Recently Diagnosed